Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Missed Connections

In the missed connections section on Craigslist, people write about the fleeting connections they had with strangers, hoping they meet  again.



Sunday, May 9, 2010
-m4w -19 (2 or 5 train)
You were the gorgeous brunette sleeping on the train. I was the guy sitting next to you. I just wanted to apologize for my repeated lack of consciousness onto your shoulder, we both got off at flatbush. Hit me back up if you think this is you.


The artist Sophie Blackall illustrated some of the connections (like the one above) and they became a book.

While this Lady Antebellum video reminds me of the missed connections above. 
It makes me smile.



  
And if you live in Manila, there's Missed Connections Manila.

Photo via: Sophie Blackall 

2 comments:

Moda de la Mode said...

I adore your blog, it is so beautiful. Your header is just divine and your posts are inspirational. I love the drawing in this one and the toilet roll art post bellow. I am now following. Feel free to drop by my blog.

http://modadelamode.blogspot.com/

Carla said...

Awww, this was nice. <3 I ended up reading most if not all the ones in the Manila version. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...